SIP Knowledge Summit
March 11-13th, 2024
About the Knowledge Summit
Key outcomes of the summit
- Clarify a common understanding of silviculture innovation
- Co-create a synthesis of the current state of knowledge – what do we know, what do we not know
- Establish a prioritized list of future research and extension needs – what do we need to know/need to communicate
Additional outcomes of the summit include
- Relationships and networking to help lay the foundation for communities of practice
- Education opportunities for diverse practitioners
- Tangible opportunities to show reciprocity and knowledge exchange with Indigenous knowledge holders and communities.
Interested in attending?
We would like to gather individuals who can build collaborations and shape our collective understanding of silviculture in BC. Folks who want to advance solutions that are equitable, just and inclusive are encouraged to attend. Our goal is to build a community of practice that provides effective, innovative and long-term solutions across multiple scales. We are seeking attendees that will participate with an open mind and commit to navigating difficult conversations.